It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RSA 8.5 START UP PROBLEM

Giuseppe Gravina (379) | asked Apr 27 '14, 4:59 a.m.

Hi,

I have a big problem with RSA 8.5. In particular after installation ( with IBM Installation Manager  that's OK) when i try to start it , i get an error message that tells me to read the following log file:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

!SESSION 2014-04-27 10:17:42.957 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.7.0 IBM J9 2.6 Windows 7 amd64-64 Compressed References 20120322_106209 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - R26_Java726_SR1_20120322_1720_B106209
JIT  - r11_20120322_22976
GC   - R26_Java726_SR1_20120322_1720_B106209_CMPRSS
J9CL - 20120322_106209
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=it_IT
Framework arguments:  -product com.ibm.rational.rsa4ws.product.v80.ide
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product com.ibm.rational.rsa4ws.product.v80.ide

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2014-04-27 10:18:58.851
!MESSAGE [SCR - WorkThread] Si è verificato un timeout! Il thread è stato bloccato sull'elaborazione di [QueuedJob] WorkPerformer: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.ds.SCRManager@696908c1; actionType 1

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 2 0 2014-04-27 10:18:59.101
!MESSAGE [SCR] L'abilitazione dei componenti del bundle com.ibm.support.feedback.ui non è stata completata in 30000 ms

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2014-04-27 10:19:04.264
!MESSAGE Durante il caricamento della classe "org.eclipse.core.runtime.RegistryFactory", il thread "Thread[Start Level Event Dispatcher,5,main]" è andato in timeout durante l'attesa (5000ms) del thread "Thread[Component Resolve Thread,5,main]" per completare l'avvio del bundle "org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.5.0.v20100503 [3891]". Per evitare la condizione di stallo, il thread "Thread[Start Level Event Dispatcher,5,main]" continua l'elaborazione ma "org.eclipse.core.runtime.RegistryFactory" potrebbe non essere inizializzato correttamente.
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Modifica stato in corso per il bundle "reference:file:../../../Program Files (x86)/IBM/IMShared/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.registry_3.5.0.v20100503.jar" dal thread "Component Resolve Thread".
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.beginStateChange(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(Unknown Source)
 at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(Unknown Source)......and other exceptions

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Can You Help Me Please? How can i Start It and Work ?

Thanks...

Giuseppe

3 answers

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131411) | answered Apr 27 '14, 5:25 p.m.
 Hi,

There are a couple of eclipse tricks you can try.  First try a new workspace, and you can also create a shortcut and add -clean.  Sometimes they work.

Also if you've installed into program files, and you've got limited permissions it can be a problem - though it would normally start.  So another option is to reinstall to say c:\ibm.  And see if that does the trick.  Also if you do reinstall, then also search for updates, and install the latest 8.5 build (8.5.5 or 8.5.6...I'm not sure off hand).

If none of that works, can you clarify whether you get prompted for a workspace.  As there are some Java things that can go wrong, but I'll need to look through my notes for those.

Hope this helps

Comments
Giuseppe Gravina commented Apr 28 '14, 8:55 a.m.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your answer... 

I reinstalled it in c:\ibm but it does not work :(

I receive the same log file...

permanent link
Steve Arnold (28131411) | answered Apr 27 '14, 5:25 p.m.
 Hi,

There are a couple of eclipse tricks you can try.  First try a new workspace, and you can also create a shortcut and add -clean.  Sometimes they work.

Also if you've installed into program files, and you've got limited permissions it can be a problem - though it would normally start.  So another option is to reinstall to say c:\ibm.  And see if that does the trick.  Also if you do reinstall, then also search for updates, and install the latest 8.5 build (8.5.5 or 8.5.6...I'm not sure off hand).

If none of that works, can you clarify whether you get prompted for a workspace.  As there are some Java things that can go wrong, but I'll need to look through my notes for those.

Hope this helps

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Apr 28 '14, 5:07 a.m.
Hi Giuseppe,

In addition to Steve's reply.
What is the exact full version of RSA you are using?
If it is lower than version 8.5.5, I would recommend you to upgrade... The version 8.5.5.1 is the latest.
I am saying that as there is a known defect: PM87920: Unable to launch the product because the specified workspace cannot be created where the com.ibm.support.feedback.ui could prevent the correct start-up of RSA if it was taking too long to load.

Hope that helps
Regards,
François

Comments
Giuseppe Gravina commented Apr 28 '14, 9:01 a.m.

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your answer... 

The RSA version that i'm using is: RSA 8.5.0...

Now i'm downloading from" Fix pack : 8.5.5.1-Rational-RSA4WS-

groupfixpack" the following files:

- rsa4ws8551.update.disk1.zip

- rsa4ws8551.update.disk2.zip

- rsa4ws8551.update.disk3.zip

Hope is last to die :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.