It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Eclipse for Jazz Team Server

Simon Lapscher (833) | asked Apr 25 '14, 2:45 p.m.

Hello,

I have already downloaded the Jazz Team Server, and cannot get it to run; I believe I need Eclipse as well to run it. Can somebody please tell me what version of Eclipse I would need to download? Where can I download it? Do I need  a license?

What else would I need for my Jazz Team Server to be able to run in my Windows laptop?

Thanks!

Simon

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 25 '14, 3:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Simone,
Can you explain in a little more detail the issue(s) you are encountering?
You should be able to connect to the server (assuming its up and running) with your browser; you'll need to run 'setup' to configure the Jazz team server and any associated applications you installed. Here is a link that will walk you through the Express set up (there is an optional Custom Set Up as well)

Ara

Comments
Simon Lapscher commented Apr 25 '14, 3:18 p.m.

I don't think I have done the 'setup' yet. I have just downloaded the Jazz Team Server, and ran the installation.

Do you know what would be my "fully qualified hostname"? I don't understand that concept as it is explained in the instructions.

Thanks!

Simon

Benjamin Silverman commented Apr 25 '14, 3:28 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The fully qualified host name would be the host name of the machine along with the domain the machine is on.  If you're just running this locally, you can run https://localhost:9443/jts/setup and the setup tool will pre-fill your public URI with "localhost".  But this is not recommended because if you ever plan on anyone else accessing the applications, you'll need to use a qualified host name that others can reach (ie - https://mycomputer.company.com:9443/jts/setup).  The public URI cannot be changed easily once you run the setup, so careful planning around this property is needed before you run the setup.

You can get the fully qualified host name by going to Start -> Computer -> Right-click -> Properties -> "Full Computer Name".  But if you are setting this up for production use, you may need to get a hold of an admin, as you need to use an enterprise database such as IBM DB2, Oracle or MS SQL Server.  Hope it helps,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.