It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Remote diff from CLI

Mark Richardson (2868) | asked Apr 25 '14, 8:13 a.m.
How would I perform a diff on two remote files (in particular from the CLI). Right now (4.0.6) it seems like the diff command for the CLI requires one of the files to be local. I would like to be able to do a diff when I have the UUID and stateID of both files.

I've attempted a work around of using the "scm get file" command to grab the file and put it in my %TEMP% directory. However, upon attempting to diff it against a stream it says that the file is not shared.

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Apr 28 '14, 7:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 28 '14, 7:14 a.m.
The diff command does not work with non-sandbox files. It can compare only files in the sandbox to a remote workspace or stream or snapshot or baseline or change set.

To compare two remote files, you have to compare two change sets but then it compares all the files in the change sets. There is a work item open to provide an additional option for specifying which file or files to a compare in a change set diff.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.