It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.1 Cost Attributes

Matt Muller (59813574) | asked Apr 22 '14, 5:27 a.m.

I would like to add a cost attribute into a custom work item..

What attributes type and configuration do I need to set for a Cost Attributes?

* I notice that in the FPM process the Risk work item includes consequence cost - I do not have the process template for this type.  I guess I would need to same settings.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Apr 29 '14, 12:20 p.m.

So is it possible to confirm the follwing:

Integar is : 

−32,768 +32,767

Long is:

−2,147,483,648 to +2,147,483,647

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Apr 22 '14, 1:54 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For FPM, the Consequence Cost is of type long, and in the editor presentations the kind is Risk Cost. You can create a custom attribute in a seperate project area with the same configuration.

Comments
Matt Muller commented Apr 23 '14, 10:14 a.m.

Hi,

I've got access to the FPM process:  do you know why it's a Long Type rather than an Integer?

Does anyone have a link to the Attribtue list in RTC - I've seen a document which explains each attributes etc.

Thanks

Stephanie Bagot commented Apr 23 '14, 10:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you mean this list?
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/c_customization_types.html

I am not sure why a Long was used rather than an integer, but I assume because Longs are usually 64 bit and int 32 bit, and thus long can hold more data.

Sumant Renukarya commented Apr 23 '14, 10:22 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.