It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What command can I use to get all the files in a change set into local workspace?

samuel wang (321823) | asked Apr 21 '14, 4:47 p.m.

What command can I use to get all the files in a change set into local workspace?

I can only get one file if using command of "get change" or "get file", and the "accept..." only work once to get incoming changes,

I want to get all the files in a change set(any change set) into local workspace at anytime, what command can I use? or any solution is there for this?

do I have to write a script to get files one by one in the change set?  does someone have example?

Comments
Shashikant Padur commented Apr 21 '14, 11:09 p.m. | edited Apr 21 '14, 11:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

accept command does two things: a) If run from within the sandbox it updates the repository workspace and also updates (or downloads) the changes to your sandbox. b) If run from a non sandbox location it updates only the repository workspace.

Couple of questions:
1) Which version of RTC client are you using?
2) It seems that the change set you are accepting is not coming from the flow target. Is that correct?

You can accept a change set by specifying the change set uuid/alias but this used to throw an error in earlier versions if the change set was not from the flow target.

2 answers

permanent link
samuel wang (321823) | answered Apr 22 '14, 10:05 a.m.

I am using version 4.0.6, it is coming from the flow target.

My question is to get the all the file in a change set into local workspace(or any loaction in local disk) at any time, the "accept" cannot get all the files at any time, once we accept the changes, and then delete the files in local workspace, we cannot use accept to get those files again, it thinks there is no change in workspace, and gets nothing, see the message it shows "Workspace unchanged"

Comments
sam detweiler commented Apr 22 '14, 10:15 a.m.

I don't believe you can get JUST the files impacted by the specified changeset.
I think you CAN get ALL the files impacted UP THRU the specified changeset.

permanent link
samuel wang (321823) | answered Apr 22 '14, 1:11 p.m.
could you give more details about "ALL the files impacted UP THRU the specified changeset", give an example?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Apr 22 '14, 3:06 p.m.

I was incorrect.. you can LOAD the component, (at the current changeset level), but cannot pick & choose files.

Shashikant Padur commented Apr 23 '14, 12:45 a.m. | edited Apr 23 '14, 12:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, you can force load all the files of a component from the flow target. Any local changes will be overwritten. In cli, run as follows "lscm load -f workspace component" 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.