It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

use of "Require Work Items to Match Query" and info available

Jay Witherspoon (1368) | asked Apr 16 '14, 12:48 p.m.
Starting with 4.0.1, there is the ability to run a query to restrict delivery using "Require Work Items to Match Query".

What if I needed to get information about the current delivery operation?  For example, I want to restrict delivery for a work item to only one stream.  So, if code has already been delivered to a stream in a work item, and there is a request to deliver a subsequent change set, I want to verify that the target stream is the same stream as the previously delivered stream.  In other words, once a delivery has occurred, all future deliveries have to be to that same stream.

so, it seems like I have to know the target stream for this delivery attempt or I am open to other ideas :-)

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 21 '14, 6:31 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 21 '14, 6:31 p.m.
If the question is "can I use this precondition to do the logic described", the answer is "no".   If you were wondering whether you can access the target stream of the deliver operation in a custom precondition that you define, then the answer is "yes".  If you want help coding up that custom precondition, I'd suggest submitting another question (since that question does not involve the "require work items to match query" precondition).

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Apr 21 '14, 2:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In the precondition, there is the ability to restrict queries based on components. In this case you can start to get more granular information about the delivery operation.

Here is a listing of the OOB SCM Preconditions:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/t_scm_eclipse_process_preconditions.html

If you don't see anything in the above link - I would recommend opening up an RFE.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.