It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I import multiple names for "Subscribed by:" field in RTC - via CSV file ?

Steve Woodbridge (1352225) | asked Apr 15 '14, 4:42 p.m.
I want to import data via CSV file to create work items. I also want to have the CSV file contain several names in the "Subscribed by" column. How do I store the names in the CSV files so that they would both (or more) be imported and added to the Subscribe by attribute. Is there a delimiter value that should go between each name ? If so, how do I determine what the delimiter value is ?

One answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Apr 15 '14, 5:15 p.m.
The best way to determine something like this is to do an export of a workitem with similar data you want to import.  In this case, when you export a workitem that has multiple subscribers the generated csv will contain the different subscriber ids on separate lines.  It should look something like:

"Id","Subscribed By"
"67","bob
deb
marco"

Add your other user ids on their own line then import and the additional ids will be subscribed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.