It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TypeError: _87 is null in CrossProject Plans when excluding any status of migrated WIs (csv migration)

Dimitrios Dentsas (7348) | asked Apr 14 '14, 11:47 a.m.
edited Apr 15 '14, 2:57 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
Hi everyone,

we currently have a very bad case of this cryptic javascript error. It is appearing whenever I set an exclude expression filter in Cross Project Plans to filter out any state, for which there is a previously migrated workitem present in the plan.

The workitems were migrated by the standard CSV exporting mechanism (source RTC repo was v4.0.3, target RTC repo was v4.0.5 but in the mean time upgraded to v.4.0.6). The used source/target process templates were not identical.

Question: How could we possibly go about debugging this error in a productive system? Any experiences concerning these kinds of errors? Any educated guesses were the problem could lie from reading my (rather shallow) problem description?

PS: I know there are a couple of TypeError forum posts but I didn't find any concerning migrated items in particular. Maybe they all boil down to the same problem class, who knows.

Comments
Dimitrios Dentsas commented Apr 15 '14, 3:24 a.m.

Hi Krzysztof,

thanks for your help. Here is what I'm getting. The "itemStateLabel is null"  looks suspicious. Sounds like some workflow state information for the migrated items is missing.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Apr 15 '14, 5:13 a.m.

Hi Dimitrios,
Please ask your RTC administrators to open a PMR if you want to investigate it.

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Apr 15 '14, 2:56 a.m.
Hi Dimitros,
For diagnostic purposes, please open following address: https://your-server/ccm/web?debug=true. Then navigate to the plan. Then JavaScript code should not be obfuscated and more meaningful. Please provide the screen snapshot with deobfuscated code.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.