It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is one of my customized fields not showing in my dashboard?

Malaya Sethi (113351) | asked Apr 14 '14, 12:28 a.m.
edited Apr 15 '14, 7:39 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)

I had written a query containing some of my custom fields for story. But when I tried to pull that query in my dashboard, one of fields is not coming. It is a integer field.

Please suggest.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 14 '14, 3:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you explain what you mean with "Not coming"? Do you have work items with that field set to some value? How does the query look like? Did you synchronize Attributes?

Malaya Sethi commented Apr 14 '14, 5:25 a.m.

Let me explain:
I had created a integer filed called Price for story workitem. then i created a query which shows all fields for story including price. In dashboard, i added a Work Item Statistics widget in my dashboard. In the query, i have pointed to the query i already connected, but in parameter filed i am not able see Price filed. I am able to see other customized fields but not Price.

Hope this help.

Malaya Sethi commented Apr 14 '14, 5:30 a.m.

To answer your question:

i have already synchronized, I am able to see Price filed in my query but not in the paramter filed in "Workitem Statisitc" widget on dashboard.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 14 '14, 6:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It does not show for me neither. My assumption is, that the statistics does only group over certain attribute types. All I see available are users, enumerations, deliverables. All these attributes will have a reasonable small amount of values that you can group by.

I can understand the background. An integer does not seem to be a value you can group by and get reasonable diagrams of it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.