It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Salesforce and RRC/RTC integration

Brian Vander Mey (5041520) | asked Apr 11 '14, 9:45 a.m.
 Hi all,

I've seen a couple topics on Salesforce and RTC integration, but they seem to be coming from a different direction than my use case.

At our company, there is not yet a "standard" Agile tool.  Some are using JIRA, we're trying to get some to use RTC, and some are using Salesforce which they have custom molded into an Agile development tool.  The standard testing tool is HP Quality Center

This is a challenge for my team, which is working on building an Application Lifecycle Management discipline.  Through Tasktop, we can integrate with JIRA and HP QC, so we can keep the Lifecycle rotating there.  But the Salesforce Mod (which they call "Agilation") is different.  Our Business Analysts would need to do double-entry to support the Lifecycle, inputting into RRC for integrating with HP QC via Tasktop, and then re-entering into Agilation (Salesforce) to work with the developers.

Do we have any options here?  Or if we want to get artifacts from SF into RRC, would it have to be an entirely custom solution?

Comments
sam detweiler commented May 22 '14, 3:48 p.m. | edited May 22 '14, 4:32 p.m.

If you look at the Kovair Omnibus product, they have integrations with all the endpoints you need.

we had a use case of Salesforce (product support), RTC (development) and HP/QC (Test)  and they handled it easily.

we also had a use case for CA Clarity Agile (aka AgileVision) (on SFDC) to RTC which worked fine.

| I should have added, that I developer our 1st integration between SFDC and RTC using the RTC  Item Connector framework.  but with the addition of additional endpoints in the workflow  we looked to a partner that could do it all with support.

5 answers

permanent link
Gary Cernosek (16) | answered May 22 '14, 2:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Brian,

I'm the Product Manager for the IBM Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters which includes some of the adapters offered by Tasktop. I see from your post that you are aware that the Tasktop solution can integrate JIRA with HPQC. I assume you're looking for something similar for Salesforce and RRC. Unfortunately, they do not offer a solution for that pairing. 

I recommend that you create a formal Integration Request on our Jazz.net site designed for taking record of such requests. The form presented is structured specifically for gathering the type of information relevant to integration requests. Include the description you included in your post. The more you can specify on the desired use case, the better. I meet periodically with IBM business development and custom engineering staff to review such requests. I'll have the team review the request at our next meeting to see if we can suggest some options for you to consider. 

permanent link
Rajib Akhter (6) | answered May 22 '14, 4:26 p.m.
 Brian - We'd be happy to show you a demo of how we support integration between Salesforce and RRC.

Thanks,
Rajib
Kovair Software
rakhter@kovair.com

permanent link
Kristin Dalton (61) | answered Jul 29 '14, 6:30 a.m.
edited Jul 29 '14, 6:37 a.m.
I think, you will go with Kovair Salesforce adapter and Kovair Omnibus Integration Platform.

permanent link
OpsHub Inc (11) | answered Mar 31 '17, 10:42 a.m.

Hi Brian,

OpsHub provide a seamless integration between many systems including Salesforce and RTC.
Some of the scalable features we support through our integration hub are:

- Support syncing data from both the systems(Bidirectional).
 - Syncing of comments, attachments and links.
 - Provide history of the data.
 - Status updates easily reflects to the end system.

Here the is vast list of 45+ systems we support for integration: http://www.opshub.com/integrations
We provide many more features. You can reach out to us for your custom demo here: http://www.opshub.com/demo-request

Thanks
OpsHub

permanent link
Nitesh singh (11) | answered Dec 01 '18, 5:17 a.m.

You can Customize RTC in order to 
Define Specific work
Define one or Several timelines with own set of iteration  for planing purpose.

So yes, you can do that as long as:

• you don't expect all the features of a dedicated requirement tool (Doors).
  • you understand those concepts ("requirements", "tests", ...) aren't there out of the box, and need to be defined.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.