It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export DOORS module to DOORS Next Gen?

Joe Gariano (8813137) | asked Apr 10 '14, 2:21 p.m.
edited Apr 10 '14, 2:23 p.m.
We have a traditional DOORS project with a requirements module in it.  We are considering moving that project over to DOORS Next Gen.  Is there an easy way to import a traditional DOORS module to DOORS Next Gen? 

I know how to create a module from scratch in DOORS Next Gen.  And I know how to import a set of requirements into DOORS Next Gen using a .csv file.  What I'm looking for is something that accounts for the section hierarchy, etc, in the original DOORS module and copies the whole thing over as one operation into DOORS Next Gen.

Thanks,
Joe Gariano

Comments
Jianoula Papadakis Kantos commented Apr 15 '14, 9:55 a.m. | edited Apr 15 '14, 9:57 a.m.

Hello Joe,
Here is a video that demonstrates the migration from Rational DOORS to Rational DOORS Next Generation  (Migrate Rational DOORS data via ReqIF to Rational DOORS Next Generation ) .  Hope you find it useful.

Joe Gariano commented Apr 15 '14, 9:58 a.m.

Thank you Jianoula.

2 answers

permanent link
michele choban (1644) | answered Apr 10 '14, 4:38 p.m.
edited Apr 10 '14, 4:46 p.m.

DOORS 9.5:

·         Open DOORS 9.5

·         Open Project where Module resides

·         Go to RIF Definition Tab

·         Create RIF Definition with the following settings:

o   Select Module to create definition for

o   Module Version: Current

o   Locks for Local Data: No

o   Add or Update Module: Add

o   Include data in View: Standard

·         Select RIF definition and click Export to Export file and save to local/shared drive.  (filename.reqif)

DOORS NextGen:

o   Open Project where ReqIF file is to be imported

o   Click Artifacts Menu and select Import

o   Select “Import Requirements from ReqIF file” and proceed with Import.

NOTES:

o   If attribute already exists in DNG, creates a new one with same name and numeric addition to name

Comments
Joe Gariano commented Apr 10 '14, 6:00 p.m.

Thank you Michele.  Does the same procedure work with DOORS 9.3?  Or do I need 9.5?

Joe Gariano commented Apr 10 '14, 6:43 p.m. | edited Apr 10 '14, 6:51 p.m.

One other question...  How does the import into DNG deal with requirement types?  Does it create a new requirement type for the requirements in the imported module? Or does it map them to an existing requirement type?

permanent link
frederick carter (451217) | answered Nov 27 '15, 5:34 p.m.
Joe

your best bet for this is upgrade your doors version to 9.6.x

and upgrade dng to 6.01

there you will have a newly added migration capability called import migration package vs import reqif in 6.0 or earlier

this is what IBM support is advising

But I have tried this new function, and though it looks very advanced and impressive ,  I cannot get it to fully work yet .  IBM wont support these 'import migration package'  issues until 6.01 is released  which should be mid december or so i am told.

fred

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.