It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sections using a "Large HTML" type attribute on a defect' presentation not showing in the editor

Maneesh Mehra (20111) | asked Apr 10 '14, 10:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In two test project areas (one hosted in RTC 3.0.1.6, another in RTC 4.0.5), I made changes to the process spec to add two attributes to the defect workitem type. These were called "Architectural Details" and "Operational Details". I gave each of these their own IDs (com.ibm.team.mms.architectural and com.ibm.team.mms.operational) and set their type to "Large HTML". 

Then on the editor presentation for the defect, I added a new tab called "Implementation", gave it a new Tab ID and set its layout to "Custom Attributes Layout". On the tab, I added the following 3 sections:

1. Quick Information
     Layout=Left
     Section ID: Reused the com.ibm.team.workitem.section.quickinformation

2. Architectural Details
     Layout: Right
     Section ID: com.ibm.team.workitem.section.architectural
     Presentation: Attribute Based, Attribute: Architectural Details, Type: HTML 
     (Accepted defaults for all other fields)

3. Operational Details
     Layout: Right
     Section ID: com.ibm.team.workitem.section.operational
     Presentation: Attribute Based, Attribute: Operational Details, Type: HTML 
     (Accepted defaults for all other fields)

After saving the process spec, I only see the new tab in the defect editor. However, it only contains the "Quick Information" section. The other two sections are missing from it.

2 answers

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Apr 10 '14, 10:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 One more revelation that I just noticed. The sections show up for new defects created since these customizations were made. However they do not for defects created prior to these changes. Wondering if its possible to make older defects conform to the new process definition ?

permanent link
Maneesh Mehra (20111) | answered Apr 10 '14, 11:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Upon searching in the forums, I stumbled upon the following article https://jazz.net/library/article/1002 in which the section on "Workitem Attributes" described the missing step. I needed to "Synchronize Attributes" from the process spec editor.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.