It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

getting Error 'SqlOpenResult' status='-28' in RRDI

Ayan Paul (2552230) | asked Apr 10 '14, 7:47 a.m.
while running a report though cognos reporting studio, for a specific iteration value below error appearing whereas for other iteration value it is running well. Please help.

getting Error 'SqlOpenResult' status='-28' in RRDI

UDA-SQL-0114 The cursor supplied to the operation "sqlOpenResult" is inactive.UDA-SOR-0005 Unable to write the file.RSV-SRV-0042 Trace back:RSReportService.cpp(722): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSReportService::process()RSReportServiceMethod.cpp(263): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportServiceMethod::process(): asynchWait_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(808): QFException: RSASyncExecutionThread::checkExceptionRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(260): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: RSASyncExecutionThread::runImpl(): promptPagingForward_RequestRSASyncExecutionThread.cpp(864): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSASyncExecutionThread::processCommand(): promptPagingForward_RequestExecution/RSRenderExecution.cpp(670): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSRenderExecution::executeAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(291): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSLayoutAssembly.cpp(79): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSLayoutAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSReportPagesAssembly.cpp(179): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSReportPagesAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSPageAssembly.cpp(303): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSPageAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableRowAssembly.cpp(177): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableRowAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyAssembly/RSTableCellAssembly.cpp(137): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSTableCellAssembly::assembleAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(358): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchChildrenAssemblyForwardAssembly/RSDocAssemblyDispatch.cpp(308): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSDocAssemblyDispatch::dispatchAssemblyRSResultSetIterator.cpp(1479): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: RSResultSetIterator::retrieveDataQFSPartialDataset.cpp(80): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSPartialDataset::GetEdgeIteratorSource/QEDmResultSet.cpp(75): QFException: CCL_THROW: QE

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 10 '14, 8:00 a.m.
Hello Ayan,

UDA-SOR-0005 seems to hint to the fact that you are out of disk space on the RRDI server.

See the following cognos technotes:

(TR2934) UDA-SOR-0005 Unable to write the file.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21506970

Error when running report: UDA-SOR-0005 Unable to write the file..
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21338861

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Ayan Paul selected this answer as the correct answer

5 other answers

permanent link
Ayan Paul (2552230) | answered Apr 14 '14, 2:53 a.m.
Thanks for your answer. I am seeing a file (named uda32513313519083467) present in that location with 10gb space. which I am trying to remove but can't be able to do that. Please help.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 14 '14, 4:38 a.m.
edited Apr 14 '14, 4:39 a.m.
Hello Ayan,

the following technote explains the reason you get those large uda files:

What are UDA Temp Files?
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21358858

If you are not able to remove the file, it might be still in use by the report server.
You can try stopping the RRDI WAS profile and deleting the file.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Ayan Paul commented Apr 14 '14, 5:11 a.m.

if I remove the same, will that impact the existing report?

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 14 '14, 5:17 a.m.
Hello Ayan,

that is a temporary file from a report execution, and from the original error I understand that your server got out of space and that specific execution already failed.
So there should no impact in removing the file; the report definition itself won't be affected.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Ayan Paul commented Apr 14 '14, 5:30 a.m.

Thanks for your answer, Can you please help how to stop the RRDI WAS profile and restart again?

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 14 '14, 5:35 a.m.
Hello Ayan,

you can find instructions on how to start and stop the RRDI server here:

Starting and stopping the report server
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_start_stop_report_server.html

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Comments
Ayan Paul commented Apr 14 '14, 6:38 a.m.

but doing the same not resolving the issue, again if I run the same report, getting the same issue. where to set the temp file size limit. let me check if I can increase that?

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Apr 14 '14, 7:19 a.m.
Hello Ayan,

i don't think there's a way to limit the size of the temporary files.
You can only set them to be created to a different disk or partition, so that if it's going to fill up at least it won't affect the rest of the server; see the procedure here:

How to change the default location of the TEMP folder in ReportNet or Cognos 8
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21339784

As for identifying the culprit report, looks for those working on large data sets, several joins, large returned results... When you find the one that generate the large temp file, you can try to simplify it.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.