It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0.3: Is it possible to CSV import (via eclipse) and not send emails for those select imports?

Joel Lonneker (391016) | asked Apr 09 '14, 5:43 p.m.
I know this isn't likely possible as it most likely is not built in to the tool functionality, but I ask anyway.  

My company regularly adjusts our process template in RTC to meet our users needs.  Some changes break existing values in existing work items:
Such as:
Scrum template > Taskboard Plan View > Move Tasks to close invalidates them.
- A fix for this is to alter the back end literal of "Invalid" within the task workflow so that it show up second or later among the "Closed" state states.
- What we did:
Current setting is:  id="com.ibm.team.workitem.taskWorkflow.state.s4" name="Invalid"
Future setting:  id="s4" name="Invalid" 

After implementing this, all existing tasks that were invalid are now com.ibm.blah.s4 on the actual work item.  I am now importing a few thousand rows via CSV to correct these post-operation.

I've rambled, sorry.

What I want is to be able to check a box during import (via GUI) to disable emails for those specific records being adjusted.  

The only alternative is to enter the advanced configurations for the server and disable emails for the entire import operation.  This isn't always convenient to the user.

Just getting it out there.  If there is an alternate way to already achieve this, I'm open to suggestion.

Cheers,
Joel

One answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Apr 10 '14, 3:56 a.m.
Hi Joel,

From the information in this discussion https://jazz.net/forum/questions/148088/rtc-403-is-it-possible-to-csv-import-via-eclipse-and-not-send-emails-for-those-select-imports and https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=179760, there's no notifications sent for CSV imported work items.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.