It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import of TestPlans from TestLink to RQM

Vinaya Bhat (579) | asked Apr 09 '14, 1:14 a.m.
retagged Sep 23 '16, 7:31 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
Hi,

I have imported testcases from TestLink to RQM and it works.I was thinking is it possible to import TestLink Testplans to RQM?TestLink Testplans are slightly different.It has the Pass/Failure results etc.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

Comments
Liora Milbaum commented Nov 25 '14, 9:36 a.m.

Hi Vinaya,

Which method did you use to import the testcases from TestLink to RQM?

Thanks,
Liora

Vinaya Bhat commented Nov 25 '14, 10:16 p.m.

Hi Liora,

I used "Excel" to import the TestCases from TestLink to RQM.

Regards,
Vinaya

5 answers

permanent link
Krunal Gaoli (67869) | answered Sep 09 '16, 5:46 a.m.
 Thanks vinaya.
can you please share yoIur mapping file.

We can import it directly too, but for that we have find out the right XML schema for rqm, since rqm and testlink have different xml schema. thats why its showing the below error, 

The uploaded content does not consist of well-formed XML or does not match the XML schema for testcase.

permanent link
Krunal Gaoli (67869) | answered Aug 05 '16, 4:16 a.m.
Hi vinay, can you please share the referal link how to import test cases from testlink to RQM.

Comments
Vinaya Bhat commented Aug 05 '16, 1:54 p.m.

Download RQM Excel Importer from https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/
Note: There are lots of versions of the importer, please choose the corresponding one according to your RQM version. For more information, please refer to
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_install_word_excel_import.html

Step 1: Install the Importer and find the add-in in excel file.
Step2: Find your project and the mapping file you use.
Step3: Configure the mapping file.
You can find excel export utility samples in:
 RQM Excel Import Utility installation directory\Samples
Step4: Import the cases to RQM successfully.

Luiz Almeida commented May 08 '17, 2:17 p.m.

Hi Vinaya,

Can you import test script from TestLink to RQM? I'm trying to do that including images that are associated with steps, but i still can not...

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Vinaya Bhat (579) | answered Aug 04 '15, 2:46 a.m.
I have imported testcases into RQM from testlink.Not the other way ie from RQM->TestLink

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Nov 21 '14, 12:12 a.m.
 Hi,
Have you tried importing test cases from RQM to testlink? Which is compatible - XML or excel format?
Please advise.
Thanks

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Apr 11 '14, 6:51 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately, RQM test plans do not have a verdict property (see https://jazz.net/products/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-4.0.6/schemas/qm_xsd/elements/testplan.html)  However, test plans reference 0...n test case(s) that may have execution record/results.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.