It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I set execution variables on a test case?

Russell Butek (611) | asked Apr 07 '14, 10:22 a.m.
I had hoped that I could modify execution variables in an execution schedule.  But I discovered that I cannot do that.  As a fallback, I'm hoping I can modify execution variables when I create a test case.  Is that possible?

What I'm trying to do is define a single test script that I can use in multiple test cases/scheduled runs, where each has a unique set of execution variable values.  The way it appears now is that I need a separate test script for each test case.  It's a one-to-one relationship.  I want a many-to-one relationship.

2 answers

permanent link
Russell Butek (611) | answered Apr 07 '14, 10:54 a.m.
OK.  I see that I can add execution variables on a test case (I found that I had to explicitly add the "Execution Variables" link via "Manage Sections".  It's not there by default.  (Hey, I'm an RQM noob)).  But I still have a usability problem.  It would be useful to see, in the list of variables on the test case, what is explicitly defined in the test script.  This way anyone using the script can easily see what the defaults are, and we wouldn't fall victim to typos in the variable names.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 07 '14, 6:58 p.m.
I don't find a way to see the "variables of test case explicitly defined in the test script" unless you do manually check with them. If your intention is to share some variables or avoid sharing some variables between test case and test script, you may consider v4.0.6 new feature: project execution variable
see the details in:
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/4.0.6?p=news#TOC_A

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.