It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is RTC a good tool to track dependency status and map them?

fanny hurst (1024) | asked Apr 03 '14, 7:18 p.m.
 Hello! I am new in the development management world and trying to figure out whether RTC would be a good tool for my project, but I have different needs. 

I know RTC will be good to track work in progress matters and status reports. 
However, I also need to be able to map dependencies between use cases and assets and track their status. (ex: use case "search people" can be sent to test, when asset 1, asset 2 and asset 3 are completed. I want to see this relationship, and be able to see the status of these 3 assets, and ideally be notified when each asset is complete). 
I was thinking of using stories and linking them (depend on) with action items to do that. But not sure it is the best idea. 

Do you have any recommendations? Would RTC be a good tool for that?

Thanks. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Apr 07 '14, 10:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Fanny,
this can be achieved OOTB: parent story (or defect, enhancement) with 3 child (tasks / defects : enhancement) - asset 1, asset 2 and asset 3

Add OOTB precondition for changing parent story status (ex: from new to ready): all children must be resolved / ready (whatever status)

You may find useful article and videos on jazz: https://jazz.net/library/#sort=pubDate

Hope it helps,
Eric
fanny hurst selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
fanny hurst (1024) | answered Apr 07 '14, 9:06 p.m.
 Thanks a lot Eric, much appreciated :). 

Cheers, 
Fanny

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.