It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to filter on multiple names in DOORS Next Gen / RRC view

Joe Gariano (8813137) | asked Apr 02 '14, 3:26 p.m.
Suppose I have a set of requirements in a DOORS Next Gen / RRC project, and the name of each requirement in the project contains "-A-", "-B-", "-C-", or "-D-".  I know how to create a view filter that shows me all of the requirements with "-A-" in the name.  I also know how to create a view filter that shows me all of the requirements that do not have "-A-" in the name.  That's done with the name filter, using "contains" or "does not contain" "-A-".

What I don't know how to do is create a view that shows all of the requirements that contain "-A-" or "-B-", or a view of the requirements that contain neither "-A-" nor "-B-".  I see no obvious way of compounding the name filter with and/or.  And I don't know of any regular expression type of format that I can put in the name filter to achieve this.

Can such a view that filters on multiple name values be constructed in DNG/RRC?  If so, how?

Note: I'm using DNG 4.0.2.

Thanks,
Joe Gariano

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Apr 02 '14, 3:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 It's currently not possible.  There is an open enhancement to support more complex filters, which would include the example you gave.  
Joe Gariano selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Christopher Fleischer (7115) | answered Apr 02 '14, 4:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Joe,
Here is the plan item if you wish to subscribe and get updates for the feature progression:

Comments
Alex Ivanov commented Oct 31 '17, 3:34 p.m.

When I click this link I get an access denied error, can this work item be seen by the public?

permanent link
Joe Gariano (8813137) | answered Apr 02 '14, 6:03 p.m.
Ok, thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.