It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team areas and Categories - Restrict Work Item Access

Gustavo Monti Rocha (251216) | asked Apr 02 '14, 2:24 p.m.
 Hi,

Imagine that I have the project areas configured in this way:

1) Two timelines called A and B
2) One Team area A that is associated withe Timeline A
3) Two Categories called Public and Private
4) In Categories, I selected Timeline A, Associate the Team Area A and restric work item access to this team area to both categories. So, only people that is in Team Area A has access to WI. If I set my plan to project area or team area it doen't matter. 

I think with this configuration in my Timeline B, project area users will have access to WI that is associated with iteration/timeline B. 

I goy empty results. 

What I shoud do to have this behavior configured? What I want to do protect some WI in some timeline and give full access in others.

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Apr 02 '14, 5:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Gustavo,

in that case it might be worthwhile to check out article 837 on access groups for work items. Since Timelines are not supported per se as input for determing access permissions, you would set up a group A pertaining to Timeline A and a group B pertaining to Timeline B, each including the appropriate team area plus possibly further users.
Of course you can also simply restrict visibility by team area, but that is done via the categories --> filed against field only - timeline does not figure into this.

If this gives you an answer to your problem, please mark it as accepted. Feel free to further detail your case for more input.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.