It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

xml format to import test cases in rqm

Pablo Schwarzenberg (11) | asked Mar 31 '09, 7:58 a.m.
Hi. I need to import a test case in excel format in RQM. I made a XML file with the follow structure:

-------------------------------------------------------
<testcase>
<identifier>https://localhost:9443/jazz/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/testcase/CP1.xml</identifier>

<title>CP1</title>

<description>Inyectar un archivo de deposito desmaterializado del banco BCI, con tipo de instrumento = Deposito a plazo fijo</description>

<state>Approved</state>

<creator>Lorena Cortes</creator>

<owner>Lorena Cortes</owner>

<category></category>

<category></category>

<Precondition>La jornada debe estar vigente </Precondition>

<template></template></testcase>
----------------------------------------------------------

When i finish to import the xml file in RQM, the pre-condition doesn't load in the test case's Pre-Condition section.

What i'm doing wrong?

Comments
Brian Lahaie commented Mar 31 '09, 2:21 p.m. | edited Dec 30 '16, 6:29 a.m.

I am interested in this answer too.

16 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 02 '10, 6:39 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi there,

I am looking to use RQM as a way to import test results (from tests executed on a non rational tool). These test results are in xml format and I am attempting to import them in and have RQM display the results in a nice graph. So far, i cant find any information on how this can be done.

Is this possible...?
If so...any idea how its done?

ta
Jon

Hello Jon,

Check out the information on the RQM API here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi

permanent link
Srilatha Kolla (1111) | answered Nov 09 '10, 1:37 p.m.
Hi There,

I am using MSO2RQM utility to import a word document in to test case and test scripts to RQM. How do I get the precondition added to the test script from word doc.

Thanks

permanent link
Roberto Norambuena (11) | answered Jul 07 '09, 12:55 p.m.
Hi,

Anyone have a format for import test case in RQM pliss.
I need one.

Thx

permanent link
jon mcnamara (622) | answered Jun 22 '09, 12:33 p.m.
Hi there,

I am looking to use RQM as a way to import test results (from tests executed on a non rational tool). These test results are in xml format and I am attempting to import them in and have RQM display the results in a nice graph. So far, i cant find any information on how this can be done.

Is this possible...?
If so...any idea how its done?

ta
Jon

permanent link
William Owen (9145) | answered May 12 '09, 4:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a "quick and simple" EXAMPLE implementation that reads a list of testcases from an excel spread sheet and uses RQM API to import those to RQM project area.

The main program (class RqmApiClient) uses the open source HSSF component from Apache POI project (http://poi.apache.org) to read data of interest from the excel spread sheet.

Next, I generate an XML document for testcase & test execution records, and then use RQM API to add them to a project area. I use an attribute of the testcase to determine which test environments to create test execution records for.

The excel spread sheet also includes test environments, but because there were only a few of those, I created those by hand first.

Note: To make things simpler, you could just write the test case XML to a file and use the test case import capability rather than RQM API, but you need RQM API to create your own TERs.

You can download jar file that includes source code from internal IBM wiki at:
https://w3.tap.ibm.com/w3ki07/display/STGAuto/Using+RQM+API+from+Java+Client

Disclaimer: The attached source is provided as an example only with the standard legal caveats. You'll need to modify the spreadsheet reader to match the format of your excel files, and likely modify the XML documents to include the testcase details that are interesting for your implementation.

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered May 12 '09, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry, but the MS Office import utilities have not been made available yet. We do supply a Samples directory when RQM is installed that contains some of the XML formats. Which RQM artifact are you most interested in (e.g., test plan, test case, test script)?

permanent link
Joao Lourenço (11) | answered May 12 '09, 12:31 p.m.
Hi, I've installed RQM 2.0 . Can you tell me where can I find those "new" utilities?
I am really desperate to import some doc files to RQM (deadlines).

Or at least could you tell me where can I find the xml templates to use in RQM so that I can work with those xml templates and my doc files?

Thanks in advance

permanent link
Joao Lourenço (11) | answered May 12 '09, 12:31 p.m.
Hi, I've installed RQM 2.0 . Can you tell me where can I find those "new" utilities?
I am really desperate to import some doc files to RQM (deadlines).

Or at least could you tell me where can I find the xml templates to use in RQM so that I can work with those xml templates and my doc files?

Thanks in advance

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered May 12 '09, 9:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, the XML based utilities are still in development and will be available for the RQM 2.0 release. Although not actually shipped with the product, they will be posted on jazz.net for use with RQM 2.0.

permanent link
Telmo Duro (11) | answered May 11 '09, 4:10 p.m.
Are the utilities to help with imports from other tools such as MS Office, which will be XML-based underneath available?

Where can i get them? Some one can provide me with a full xml example for importing testcases.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.