It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CR1MA1131E Error:The installation Manager could not be stareted beacase Installation Manager could not write to the directory :/var/ibm/InstallationManager

Dhruv Bansal (1667) | asked Apr 01 '14, 8:47 a.m.
edited Apr 01 '14, 9:10 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
CR1MA1131E Error:The installation Manager could not be stareted beacase Installation Manager could not write to the directory :/var/ibm/InstallationManager

Comments
Dhruv Bansal commented Apr 01 '14, 8:49 a.m. | edited Apr 01 '14, 9:08 a.m.

Trying to install ClearCase Synchronizer 4.0.6 on aix 6.1 and facing issue

./installc -acceptLicense -acceptLicense -showVerboseProgress -input silent-install-cc-connector.xml --launcher.ini user-silent-install.ini

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Apr 01 '14, 9:09 a.m.
Hi Dhruv,
What is the user which you are trying to run installation manager? Please check whether this users rwx permissions to /var/ibm directory (or start IM as a root).
Please let us know if that helped.

Comments
Dhruv Bansal commented Apr 02 '14, 4:42 a.m.

Hi,
I am using IM 1.7 and the trying to do the silent installation with root.Yes i have access rights for /var/ibm directory.
Yes IM is already installed but i am unable to find the location where it is installed.

I have tried imcl command as well and tried to install new version of IM as well but still it is giving the same error as earlier.

permanent link
Francois-xavier Panaget (58914) | answered Apr 01 '14, 9:34 a.m.
Hi
IBM Installation Manager has what we call an agent data location where it needs to write its metadata.
On Unix/Linux, the /var/ibm/InstallationManager is the default for administrators.
Does you user has permissions to write there?
Here is further information on the agent data location in the IM 1.7 infocenter:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r7/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.silentinstall12.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_app_data_loc.html

Else, regarding the command you use:
Which version of IBM Installation Manager are you using?
Is IBM Installation Manager already installed?
If so, you do not need to use installc but you rather use the imcl executable imcl.exe input response_file -log log_file) located under the /opt/IBM/InstallationManager/eclipse/tools
Else, I am not certain of your command  (for example you do need only -acceptLicense) and might not need the
"--launcher.ini user-silent-install.ini".
Instead you may want to use userInstc
Check the following links:
Commands to install Installation Manager
Create a script to silently install Installation Manager and a package at the same time
Using Installation Manager or the installer to install packages

Regards,
François

Comments
Dhruv Bansal commented Apr 02 '14, 4:42 a.m. | edited Apr 02 '14, 5:37 a.m.

Hi,
I am using IM 1.7 and the trying to do the silent installation with root.Yes i have access rights for /var/ibm directory.
Yes IM is already installed but i am unable to find the location where it is installed.

I have tried imcl command as well and tried to install new version of IM as well but still it is giving the same error as earlier.

Dhruv Bansal commented Apr 02 '14, 4:43 a.m.

Hi,

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Apr 02 '14, 5:04 a.m.

Hi,

Is the /var/ibm/InstallationManager present on your machine?
If so, then there should be a file called "installed.xml" which will tell you where IM is installed.

Regards,
François

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.