It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Synchronize attributes or enumerations on many projects which use share process configuration

Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | asked Mar 27 '14, 9:55 a.m.
Hello,
When I work on the process configuration of a classic project (for example, I create a new attribute or a new enumeration value), I can use the option "check attribute usages in repository" to :
  - be sure that my modifications are reported on the project
  - be sure that my modifications are added to old workitems
I have no problem even if I must clear my browser cache or reload sometimes the web page ...

Now, if I modify the configuration of a project which is shared and used by many other projects ... What's happen ???
In fact, the attributes appear ... disappear ... appear again ...
The new enumeration value are added or not ;-(
The old workitem aren't updated with my new modification.

I think that the button "check attribute usages in repository" has no effect on slave projects when it use on master project.

Have you got a feedback ? How can I synchronize my slave projects from my master projet ?
Thanks for your help.

Mathieu

Comments
Mathieu Defianas commented Mar 27 '14, 9:58 a.m.

I have forgotten ... I use RTC 4.0.1 on Windows

One answer

permanent link
Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | answered Mar 27 '14, 10:30 a.m.
Adam for PMR Support has found the solution :-)
Create a query in Eclipse client for all WIs of the affected type in the child PA.
Then, select all and right click on the type column (with the type icon) and select "Synchronize".
It works for me.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 27 '14, 11:34 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.