It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automation of RTC Web Client using QTP

sri sudarsana (181216) | asked Mar 27 '14, 8:19 a.m.
 We are trying to automate creation of different work item type(story,task,defect,etc..) using QTP Script on RTC Web Client 4.0.5 

I would like to have a common qtp script for creation of different work items but this is not possible due to lack of unique attribute(like html id) for a web element. I am able to identify the web element based on the index, which keeps on changing dynamically.

Say Suppose -  if i would like to identify the "iteration planned" field in a "defect " work item and its index is 40 but it may vary when it comes to "story" work item. i want a solution for this so that i can use a constant function in identifying the web elements irrespective of its position,work item type,etc.

Is there any way that i can find web elements in the page uniquely?

I would also like to know the kind of automation used from your side from automating web client.Is there a way that i can make utilize of similar method to QTP too?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.