It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move story and all children between iterations?

Aaron Cohen (8207851) | asked Mar 26 '14, 11:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 In there a way from the web client to move a Story and all of it's children to a different iteration?

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 26 '14, 12:21 p.m. | edited Mar 26 '14, 1:08 p.m.

don't think so.. 

in eclipse I would run a query to get the items, exposing the planned for attribute,
then mass select and right click over the planned for column and change all at once..

Aaron Cohen commented Mar 26 '14, 12:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you! I just created Enhancement 309441 for this capability

Sterling Ferguson-II commented Mar 26 '14, 1:13 p.m.

Hello,

Wouldn't you just do the same query and do a "multi-select" and change the Planned For attribute in the web client?

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 26 '14, 5:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One way is to open a plan view in work item mode containing the parent work item.  Then select the parent work item while pressing the Alt key, which will also select all the children of that work item.  Then select the "plan item(s) for" operation, and select the iteration you want the parent and all of its children to be moved to.

Comments
Dr. Hans-Joachim Pross commented Mar 30 '14, 3:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you are running Team Concert on a linux client with compiz this does not work. <Alt>-<Left-Mouse-Button> will move a window...

permanent link
Aaron Cohen (8207851) | answered Mar 26 '14, 12:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
  Thank you! I just created Enhancement 309441 for this capability

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.