It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I load an Eclipse project from a component where the project is the root of that component?

Andrew Trobec (49712144139) | asked Mar 25 '14, 10:35 a.m.
retagged Mar 28 '14, 10:17 a.m. by Sonia Dimitrov (27159)
Hello,

I am using RTC 4.0.3.

I have managed to load an Eclipse project as the root of an RTC component.  This means that when I view the content of that component I don't have a root folder that represents that project.

What I would like to do now is load the content of the component without it automatically creating a root folder.  When I try to load the component from the repository workspace, I see that it will load the content into a folder with the name of the component:

What I would like to do is under the Advanced Options specify a folder of my choice and just have Eclipse load the content there rather than create a folder and then load the files.

How can I do this?

Best regards,

Andrew

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 25 '14, 10:39 a.m.

far as I know, it will put the code into the folder structure that is in the component.

in one of my components I have three eclipse projects, and it lays them all down like original. 

One answer

permanent link
Sonia Dimitrov (27159) | answered Mar 28 '14, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Andrew,

if you loading a single component, you can use the "Load As" action from the context menu of that component in the Team Artifacts view or the Repository Files view.  This provides the additional option of setting a local path in which to load within a sandbox.

Sonia

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.