It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the root cause for this error while running RQM default reports?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Mar 21 '14, 6:06 a.m.
edited Mar 21 '14, 7:32 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
 While running one of the pre-defined reports in RQM, I am getting below error. What is the root cause? Can someone please tell me?

The following items have errors:

Chart NewChart1:

Comments
Sunil Kumar R commented Mar 21 '14, 6:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello! did you miss including the error message? A snapshot included will help. 

Best Regards, Sunil 

Maria Amalan commented Mar 21 '14, 7:10 a.m.

RQM error  

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 21 '14, 7:32 a.m.

Hi Maria,

Is it entire error? Or there are also any messages below + character?

Logs should be more helpful here. Could you look into your qm.log and WAS/Tomcat logs what is the error there at the moment when you have the issue?

Maria Amalan commented Mar 21 '14, 7:48 a.m.

This is part of the error code when I expand. Not able to paste the complete code.

null ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException
    at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1215)

Maria Amalan commented Mar 25 '14, 2:24 a.m.
These are the other 2 exceptions.

Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.chart.exception.ChartException

Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException 

Can someone please help me with this?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 25 '14, 6:54 a.m.
Maria

What version of RQM are you using? is it upgraded from lower version or not?
I would suggest to check with qm/admin page> reports and see if etl collection jobs are completed successfully or not.
If you see any errors there, you may want to go to qm.log and qm-etl.log at the specific timing and see what further info are provided in the log files or not.
That could help to investigate further as the errors showing may not tell much in this case.
Thanks
Don

Comments
Maria Amalan commented Mar 25 '14, 7:01 a.m.

Don, 

I am using RQM 3.0.1.2 version. And yes, I have also checked the Warehouse Collection jobs. They have run successfully.

Don Yang commented Mar 25 '14, 7:12 a.m.

Can you please try to run a full etl jobs(or wait for overnight running) and check with the qm-etl.log as well as qm.log at the time the job running and see if you see any unusual. Even though the UI looks successful, are you sure all QM project areas are executed or not(in particular the one you run the report and it fails)? I guess the logs could reveal more clues for the issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.