It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Help!! Load bar showing incorrect information.

venkyrs s (1024) | asked Mar 20 '14, 10:39 a.m.
edited Mar 20 '14, 11:44 a.m. by Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431)
When calculating the load for a person in a sprint, RTC is using only estimates for "task" work items to calculate the load. It is ignoring the "enhancement" work items completely.

For example in the screenshot (Click here to see Screenshot) (Sorry I do not have reps to upload screenshot)
The user has 2 tasks (26.4 hrs & 18.1 hrs) and 1 enhancement (4.6 hrs) assigned to a sprint.
The total load for the user is showing as 44.5 instead of 49.1.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Millard Ellingsworth (2.5k12431) | answered Mar 20 '14, 11:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure that work item is related to your issue.

How have you configured the Enhancement work item? The Planning component sees work items in one of two ways: Plan item (broader container for a larger grained feature -- perhaps like an Enhancement -- that will likely have child items, like Tasks) and Execution item (concrete work that needs doing and likely carries an effort estimate).

You need to use the Eclipse client to open your project configuration and check how your Enhancement item is categorized. If it is set as a Plan item, that would explain why the hours estimate is ignored -- it's not expecting it to have one that matters.

venkyrs s selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
venkyrs s commented Mar 20 '14, 1:45 p.m.

Thanks again Millard!! You are right it was the way our setup was configured. Now I am on the right track!! Thanks again. 

Millard Ellingsworth commented Mar 20 '14, 4:59 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just a follow-up warning -- changing that assignment will make Enhancement act like a Task or Defect now and no longer like a Story or Epic. If that's what you really mean to do, that's fine, but if you share this project area with many others, you may have changed behavior they were depending on. 

One other answer

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Mar 20 '14, 10:44 a.m.
 Hi Venky

What version of RTC is this? I believe you have come across a known bug:

Let me know if this is the similar issue that you see.. 

Comments
venkyrs s commented Mar 20 '14, 10:47 a.m.

I am using version 4.0.6

Sumant Renukarya commented Mar 20 '14, 10:51 a.m.

Then I am right. You have hit a known issue as mentioned in the above work item. The fix has been provided in RTC 5.0 version (though this is not GA'ed yet). 

venkyrs s commented Mar 20 '14, 10:51 a.m.

I am not sure if that bug report is related to my issue. There is too much technical details for me to follow. Anyways was that bug fixed in 4.0.6? 

Sumant Renukarya commented Mar 20 '14, 10:55 a.m. | edited unknown

No, that bug is not fixed in 4.0.6 but found in 4.0.6. Perhaps you should go through that work item I have mentioned and I believe even your issue falls under the list of defects mentioned with there. Essentially, the attributes of the type duration does not work correctly in both Eclipse and web client. 

venkyrs s commented Mar 20 '14, 10:55 a.m. | edited unknown

Thanks for the update Sumant. Can you suggest a work around? We cannot go to version 5.0 yet.

venkyrs s commented Mar 20 '14, 10:55 a.m.

Thanks for the update Sumant. Can you suggest a work around? We cannot go to version 5.0 yet.

Sumant Renukarya commented Mar 20 '14, 11:27 a.m.

Well, you should raise a support ticket (PMR) with IBM Support.

While raising the PMR do not forget to mention the following:

--> RTC version details.

--> Step by step details to reproduce the problem.

--> Is this specific to Eclipse or web or both?

--> Extract the process template, so that support can reproduce the issue you are seeing and confirm it is indeed the defect that I have mentioned. Mention this link or the defect work item when you raise the PMR. 

Once it is confirmed the issue is the same, Support can raise a hot-fix request.  

Along with this, a business justification might be needed on the impact because of this issue. 

I hope this helps. 

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.