It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.0 - Using Parent - Child project areas - how do I get reports for the child project areas?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Mar 18 '14, 12:24 p.m.
I see the shared reports in the "Master" project area but those folders are all empty in all the "Child" project areas. The "Child" project areas were created with the unstructured template which probably explains why they are not seed. With this type of setup how do I run reports for specific "Child" project areas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 18 '14, 1:55 p.m.
 the little bit of code to do that in java is
                        processClient = (IProcessClientService) repo.getClientLibrary(IProcessClientService.class);

URI projuri = URI.create(projectAreaName.replaceAll(" ", "%20"));
IProjectArea iprja = (IProjectArea) processClient.findProcessArea(projuri, null, null);
IReportManager irptMgr = ((IReportManager) repo.getClientLibrary(IReportManager.class));
List<IReportDescriptor> missingreports = irptMgr.fetchMissingSharedReportDescriptors(
(IProcessAreaHandle) iprja.getItemHandle(), null);
System.out.println("there are "+missingreports.size()+" missing report definitions");
for (IReportDescriptor report : missingreports)
{
try
{
if(debug)
System.out.println("adding resport='"+report.getId()+"'");
irptMgr.saveReportDescriptor(report, null);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
System.out.println("adding report resporce failed for report="+report.getName()+ " exception="+e.getMessage());
return(false);
}
}
Donald Poulin selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Erwin Kunz (94686986) | answered May 13 '14, 2:51 a.m.
Hi Donald
You have to deploy the Reports from the Master project to the Child project. When Deploying report Eclipse or Web you can chose from what source. Select Master

This will create a linked copy of the Report.
Changes in the Master will be reflected in all Child automatically

Looks easier to me than coding :-)

erwin

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Mar 18 '14, 1:50 p.m.
edited Mar 18 '14, 1:52 p.m.
in Eclipse, expand the child project, expand reports, on report resources, right click, 
select Deploy New Resources, select the project (makes no sense to me) select the reports, push OK

| this makes it possible to RUN reports in the child.
| it does NOT roll up children to parent (we call it Anchor) project

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.