It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why does the query builder remove the "empty" token from a query condition on a text field?

Markus Nosse (15112828) | asked Mar 17 '14, 12:01 p.m.
Hi,

on a RTC 4.0.2 installation, I was just working on a work item query with a condition on a text-type custom attribute. The condition should use "is" as predicate and compare against multiple tokens, separated by comma.

Something like this:
Custom Attribute is "xyz,abc"

Now, if you replace "abc" in the above example by a space, the query will effectively return those records matching either xyz or empty - which is exactly what I need.

Everything is fine until I save my query and re-open it later in the query builder. You would expect that the query builder displays what was entered and saved previously (i.e. "xyz, "), but what is displayed is "xyz". Interesting enough that the query result actually reflects what was saved (i.e. "xyz, ")...

This looks like a bug in the query builder to me... Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Markus

Accepted answer

permanent link
Piotr Aniola (3.7k11738) | answered Mar 17 '14, 12:09 p.m.
I can reproduce this on 4.0.6, and indeed it looks like a bug.
I recommend creating a defect on jazz.net:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=defect
Markus Nosse selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Bruno Fazoli (856) | answered Mar 25 '15, 8:59 a.m.
Hi

Any update on that?
I need to find items where a particular custom text field is blank.

Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.