It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to search for work items with children status new and planned for some iteration?

Markus Nosse (15112828) | asked Mar 17 '14, 11:52 a.m.
Hi,

I want to formulate a RTC query for work items having children satisfying two conditions: The child should be in status "new" and planned for a specific iteration.

At first glance this can easily be done using the query editor in the web UI: Create a condition for "children -> status" and another condition for "children -> planned for", and connect these two condition using "AND, all must match".

If you execute such a query you'll realize that the result does not match what you'd intuitively expect: It seems that the query is interpreted such that a  work item is in the result set if there exists at least one "satisfying" child for each condition.

So here is my question:

How can a query be formulated such that each of the conditions of the form "children -> xyz" are tested against a single work item? (I.e. a work item should appear in the result set if there exists at leas one child which satisfies ALL conditions of the form "children -> xyz").

Thanks for your help!
Markus

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Mar 18 '14, 5:50 a.m.
Hi Markus,
I do not think that it is possible in ootb RTC currently. What you can do is creating custom report displaying such data.

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Mar 18 '14, 5:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hello Markus,
I would say that a query with the 2 above conditions :
a condition for "children -> status" and another condition for "children -> planned for", and connect these two condition using "AND, all must match"
should work.

Are you able to extract a sample use case that exhibits unexpected results?
If so, feel free to open a new defect.

Eric

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.