It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which internal date format in RTC

Cláudio de Sá Rodrigues (28719) | asked Mar 14 '14, 4:49 p.m.
Which the internal format of the information (START_DATE) of the table [MODEL]. [TIME_SHEET_ENTRY] the RTC.
How to turn on Julian date
example of the information recorded in our database '1394452800000 ', what does mean this format? is possible to transform into Julian date (03/10/2014)?
Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 16 '14, 6:27 p.m.
The question is more like a database question in stead of RTC.
If you are using DB2, DB2 stores values of datetime data types in a special internal format. When you load or retrieve data, DB2 can convert it. Please refer to http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0211yip/0211yip3.html.
If you are using other database vendor, I believe you can find similar information in other public forums.
BTW, direct access and manipulation of database tables and their content is not recommended.It's recommended to access the data via java API or REST API.
Cláudio de Sá Rodrigues selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered Mar 17 '14, 10:59 a.m.
I'm pretty sure dates are stored as integers representing "milliseconds since epoch".  1394452800000 does indeed translate to 3/10/2014.  Depending on what you're using to display the date (Excel?), there are certainly ways to convert it that can be found through a Google search.

I second Lily's suggestion of using one of the APIs to retrieve this data though.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.