It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RTC v4.0.5 Client Integrate with Websphere Message Broker?

Vidhya Prakash (852933) | asked Mar 12 '14, 6:54 a.m.
edited Mar 12 '14, 6:55 a.m.
We would like to know if WMB integrates with RTC v4.0.5?
If not which version of RTC client should be used to integrate with which version of WMB.
Currently our RTC servers are on v4.0.5

3 answers

permanent link
Narasimha Devarapalli (1211010) | answered Sep 19 '14, 1:08 a.m.

According documentation, we can integrate WMB & RTC only if they can be installed on same package group.

RTC 4 and above are build on eclipse 3.6 and WMB 8 built on eclipse 3.6. These two can be integrated with each other on my observation.

Try to integrate both..

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 13 '14, 6:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Websphere Message Broker has been renamed the "IBM Integration Bus".   I assume by "integrating with RTC", you are referring to using RTC for source control of your IBM Integration Bus source artifacts?   If so, this is described in the on-line help for the IBM Integration Bus:
   http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v9r0m0/index.jsp
In particular, the topic is: "Integrating the Rational Team Concert client" (but just search for "Rational Team Concert" in the on-line help search box, and it will find that page).

According to that help page, the supported version of RTC is 3.0.   That's pretty darn old (:-).   So, assuming you don't want to stay on RTC-3.0:
First check what version of Eclipse is used by the Integration Toolkit.  In order to use a current version of RTC, it needs to be at least Eclipse 3.6.   If it is 3.6 or later, you might be OK ... just try to install the 3.6 Eclipse version of the RTC client, and ask IM to install it into your Integration Toolkit instance of Eclipse (might have to uninstall the 3.0 RTC plug-in first).
If the Integration Toolkit only works with pre-3.6 Eclipse releases, then you would need to ask the IBM IB team to upgrade to a more current version of Eclipse.
As a workaround, if your developers have enough virtual memory to run two instances of Eclipse, they could just use a separate instance of Eclipse as your RTC SCM GUI ... you just need to remember to "refresh" your sandbox before doing any RTC operations, to pick up any source changes made by the Integration Toolkit.

permanent link
Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | answered Mar 12 '14, 7:07 a.m.
Hi Vidhya

--> I do not see Websphere Message Broker in the list of supported integrations with RTC 4.0.5 version.

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements405406

I do not believe this integration has been tested by IBM either in RTC 4.0.5 versions or other.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.