It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to import workitems from html in RTC?

Sumant Renukarya (1.1k23339) | asked Mar 12 '14, 5:47 a.m.
There is an option to export the work items from RTC Eclipse client and can be saved either in csv or html format. 
However, if I need to import these in a different project area there is only 'import from csv' option. 

What will be the steps to take, if I need to import from html? 
Should I convert the html to csv first and then import?

If so, what is the use case of providing the option to export and save in html format? 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Mar 12 '14, 2:18 p.m.
Hi Sumant,

I don't think so we have option to import workitem using *html.

It can be RFE.

Regards,
Arun.
Sumant Renukarya selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 13 '14, 5:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Exporting to HTML is to put the information up on a web page.
Exporting to csv is for subsequent importing.
So if you want to subsequently import, you would export to csv format, not to HTML format.

If your work item data for some reason is in html format, and you cannot "re-export" it into csv format, you would have to write a script to convert it to csv format in order to import the data into RTC.

Comments
Sumant Renukarya commented Mar 19 '14, 9:55 a.m.

Geoff

--> Work item data is xml in this case and the attribute type is 'Large String'. 

With this, when you export WI either as html or csv, the data is not exported. Only the attribute is. 

Do you have any recommendations in this case on what can be done to export and import the WI's to a different repository? 

a. We cannot update the type to wiki or Large Html (with which the data gets exported for the attribute), if that is an option. 

Thank you

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 19 '14, 8:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You'll probably want to post a separate question for that, something like "How do I export/import a work item attribute whose type is "Large String".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.