It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deal with incoming components to team streams?

Dennis Behm (3821315) | asked Mar 12 '14, 5:44 a.m.
edited Mar 12 '14, 5:49 a.m.
Hi,

I have some difficulties with the pending changes view. My setup has several team streams which flow into one integration stream, while the team streams do not contain all components.

I see a lot of incoming component changes on the pending changes between the team stream and the integration - this might increase when having a lot of team streams. On my research I did not find any filter on the pending changes view to hide the incoming components - but, I solved it by using scoped flow targets on the team stream configuration.

Is this the correct way to deal with such a configuration?

Thanks, Dennis

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 13 '14, 5:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Using scoped flows is the correct way to hide components that you don't care about.
Unchecking the "show components that are not loaded" preference that Arun refers to is a simpler alternative if you are flowing to a workspace, and always load all of the components that you care about, but is not useful if you are flowing changes directly between two streams, because a stream is never "loaded".
Unchecking the "show unchanged components" preference is not useful in your case, because you don't want to see incoming changes from these components.
Dennis Behm selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Mar 12 '14, 2:20 p.m.

Comments
Arun K Sriramaiah commented Mar 13 '14, 3:52 a.m.

Hi Dennis,

If you wanted to hide the streams in pending changes, you can achieve only from the teamareas visibility mode on stream levels.

Hope the above information has answered your question.

Regards,
Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.