It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you preventing build result deletion?

Daniel martin (10122926) | asked Mar 11 '14, 12:40 p.m.
Hello All 
We would like to leverage build results, and the Release entry, but we have a problem.  Standard operating removes the check box from "Deletion Allowed" when you associate a build with a Release.  The only problem is someone can check that box again, and delete the build result.
If you delete the build result, then the "Release" link is broken, so my question is: "How do we prevent a build result from being deleted if it is associated with a Release?"

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 11 '14, 12:47 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

you could remove the permission to delete build results for the normal user. I would assume that the build pruning would still be doable. In addition, you could implement something similar to what is described here:  https://jazz.net/library/article/807 - this would not solve the issue with the deleted build result, unless you only give the automation user the permission to delete build result.

On the other hand, in the long term, it would probably be nice to have a special permission to switch back to deletion allowed. You could file an enhancement request for that.

Comments
Daniel martin commented Mar 11 '14, 1:48 p.m.

Ralph,

Thank you for your response, but I think this highlights a slightly bigger issues. If I create an entry in the Releases tab of the project area, I should have some confidence that the relationship I am establishing can't be broken.  Right now that relationship can easily be broken with the ability for someone to enable the deletion allowed option.  Is there a way to say: " If this build is associated with a Release, it can never be deleted?" This also has additional consequences when you factor in audit requirements.  Right now there is now way, with 100% certainty that we know exactly what produced a build that is tied to a release. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.