It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

'No provider configured for the selected resource type" when trying to add ReqPro Requirement Link to Test Case in RQM

Elizabeth Allison (611) | asked Mar 10 '14, 12:18 a.m.

I have been able to add the Requirements from ReqPro to the Test Plan, but when I try to add a Requirement Link to a test case, I get the error.

I am running RQM 4.0 and ReqPro 7.1.3.

Please advise where to go from here. Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 10 '14, 3:00 a.m.
I think what you see should be expected. Based on

The Requirement Links section says:
"This section lists requirements that are in a requirements management tool that integrates with Rational Quality Manager by using OSLC; for example, Rational Requirements Composer. Other types of requirements are listed in the Requirements section."

The Requirements section says:
"This section lists requirements that are in Rational RequisitePro or Rational DOORS for Rational Quality Manager Interface. Other types of requirements are listed in the Requirement Links section."

Unless it is integrates with RQM by OSLC, which I don't think ReqPro is using that to integrate to RQM, you should only be able to see it in Requirement section instead of Requirement link section.

Comments
Elizabeth Allison commented Mar 13 '14, 1:22 a.m.

Thanks Don
So how do I link ReqPro requirements to test cases?

Don Yang commented Mar 13 '14, 6:39 p.m.

I am not sure how far you have configured ReqPro to associate with RQM. If you have follow the below procedures:
https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_qm_integ_topic.html&scope=null

you should be able to associate ReqPro requirement with Test Case in the Requirement section. The better way could be create Testcase from the requirement so that they are linked automatically as suggested in the above help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.