It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can i use SCM command to get all team areas for a specific project?

Rachel Biderman (42611) | asked Mar 09 '14, 3:18 p.m.
 I need to either get all team areas defined for specific project area or identify for a specific team area - to which project area it belongs to.
We are using scm commands and i couldn't find any property or other way to create the above relation.
Am i missing it or there currently no way to provide this info?

any workaround will be appreciated as well.
Thanks

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 09 '14, 4:53 p.m. | edited Mar 09 '14, 5:00 p.m.

I don't believe there is any external way to accomplish what you want.

I don't think this data is available via oslc either.  I know you can get the project areas(that u have access to with the userid u are using) , but I don't think there is a way to get team areas.

technically teamareas are output of the category selection.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shubjit Naik (1.5k1613) | answered Mar 10 '14, 5:27 a.m.
Hi Rachel

I was testing out different commands and found a way to list All Project Areas and Team Areas using the list project area command and verbose option. Hope this helps, here is the command I tried on version 4.0.5

lscm list projectareas -r local -v

Without the verbose switch it only list project areas. From the above list you should be able to filter out project area / team area,

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards
Shubjit
Rachel Biderman selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 10 '14, 5:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

cool, was not aware of that. Thanks!

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 10 '14, 3:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not aware that there is something like that. This post however describes automation that you could use: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/12/09/analyzing-a-aroject-areas-members-and-roles-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.