It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

4.0.6 upgrade question

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | asked Mar 07 '14, 3:22 p.m.

Before you start the Quality Management application upgrade, run statistics to update the database tables. Otherwise, the migration might take several hours.

The following tables must contain up-to-date database statistics:

• REPOSITORY.ITEM_STATES
  • REPOSITORY.ITEM_CURRENTS
  • REPOSITORY.ITEM_TYPES
  • LINKS.AUDITABLE_LINK

I chose derby as the database...does this apply?

3 answers

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8279269) | answered Mar 10 '14, 11:46 a.m.
Thanks John,

So this is a documentation issue? As your links look to be related to online migration, and I have not chosen that for my instructions:

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Mar 10 '14, 11:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is more information on this topic in "http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/r_repotools_onlineMigrate.html".
This is part of the overall QM online migration topic "http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/c_online_mig_rqm.html".

The means for updating table statistics would be familiar to a DBA. For instance, RUNSTATS on a DB2 database.
This really only applies for repositories with a large volume of manual tests. A non-production Derby DB would not really benefit from the updated stats since this is targeted at existing enterprise deployments of QM.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 10 '14, 3:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sterling,

as Derby is only meant to be used for testing and demo purposes, I would assume your DB is really small and it should not matter. I agree it is a bit confusing, because no DB vendor is specified. I could not easily find a database statistics command for derby.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.