It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Duplicating Artifacts and attributes when importing ReqIF

Anna Chun (611) | asked Mar 07 '14, 2:03 p.m.

When I upload a ReqIF file, it duplicated the aritifact types and attributes.   Is this normal?  can I turn this off?  I cannot delete Heading 2 after the fact.

i.e.

To: Heading, Heading 2, Information, Information 2, Requirement, Requirement 2.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Mar 09 '14, 11:21 p.m.
I think the ReqIF file is from a different system but with the same attribute type defined there? If so, that's expected behavior. They're _not_ duplicates, they are different attribute types.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m6/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_import_reqif.html
Important: The first time that you import, types and artifacts are created. If you import the same data later, all of the data except for the view column information is updated. During an import, only system-defined attributes and types are merged. Artifact types, attributes, data types, and folders that were not already imported from a ReqIF file are created in the project that you are importing to. For example, the file that you are importing and the project that you are importing to might both contain a Priority attribute. In that case, an attribute named Priority2 is created during the import.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.