It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using ECJ to generate compile logs in a Maven project

Diogo Mildenberger (538) | asked Mar 07 '14, 12:02 p.m.
 The title pretty much says it all:

This guide demonstrates how I can configure an Ant project to give detailed (ECJ/JUnit) information to RTC (using Jenkins);
And this guide shows how I can configure an Maven project, but using the standard Java compiler, so no compile XML information. (I used JBE for this one, following the guide)

I want to know if there is a way to generate ECJ compile logs in a Maven project, so they can be uploaded and analysed by RTC.

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 10 '14, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you looked into the JKE Banking example that ships with RTC? As far as I know that uses ECJ to generate JUNit and Compile logs and publishes them to the JBE. I don't see why you should not be able to use the same approach to generate the output you want.

Comments
Diogo Mildenberger commented Mar 11 '14, 1:49 p.m.

The JKE Banking example surely is interesting, showing how to achieve the same results in .NET as well, but it doesn't have an example using the Maven build system. I am aware that I can use ant-tasks plugin in Maven to run ECJ, but using the standard Maven approach (maven-compiler-plugin with plexus-eclipse-compiler), I have not succeeded in generating ECJ compile logs so far. I just wonder if there is a way to fully integrate RTC functionality in Maven builds more cleanly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.