It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can somebody please help me where I can get the REST API Utility?

Subash Anjuru (622) | asked Mar 07 '14, 5:01 a.m.

Hi All,

Can somebody post the working download URL for Reportable REST API Utility.

Thanks,

Subash

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Mar 07 '14, 6:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Code_Examples

Comments
Subash Anjuru commented Mar 10 '14, 3:44 a.m.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the pointer. I was able to download the API from the location. But that doesnt have any code samples. I am looking to update a Test Case Result in RQM from RFT. Can you please guide me how to do that through a sample code?

And I have one more query. Whether we can do the same thing by using RQM Url Utility ?

Regards,

Subash

Paul Slauenwhite commented Mar 10 '14, 8:47 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Subash,

The RQM API Utility does not contain code samples.  It is a utility for working with RQM test resources using the IBM Rational Quality Manager Reportable REST API (see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi).  See the RQMAPIUtility_readme.txt for more details.

For your scenario, see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Update. 

Yes, you can update RQM test resources using the RQM URL Utility.

permanent link
Stephane Leroy (1.4k149) | answered Mar 10 '14, 5:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 11 '14, 5:58 a.m.
Hi Subash,

you're trying to upload Test Case Results in RQM from RFT.
Basically, you could run these RFT tests from RQM itself (through the RFT adapter) and... you'd get these results OOTB. Now, in the case your RFT tests are run separately and you want to consolidate associated test results in RQM afterwards, then you would indeed some programming and/or scripting. For the Java programming approach:  tool utilities like RQMUrlUtility, RQMApiUtility and RQMCopyUtility come along with their source code. Such tools do not publish higher level RQM API that you could get support for. It comes AS IS afaik.  Though, it may be of a help for you if you continue to dig further into that direction. You'd need to attach these results to existing TCERs (or you would need to create them by yourself as well). Depending on the complexity of your scenario, you could also upload these results with tools like RQMUrlUtility. For examples showing how to create RQM assets though either REST API either OSLC, you could check this blog post. Last option I see would be to have a check at the RQM Excel Importer...

Regards,
Stéphane

Comments
Stephane Leroy commented Mar 11 '14, 6:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Edited previous answer to make it clearer that, while source code for cited tools are available, they're not examples as such. Also stressed the point that do not they provide higher-level / supported Java APIs to interact with RQM. Regards,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.