It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Birt report and restart page number for a list

Mathieu Defianas (15942838) | asked Mar 07 '14, 4:02 a.m.
edited Mar 07 '14, 7:02 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
Hello,
I use RTC 4.0.0. on Windows and I would like to create pdf with a BIRT report.
I have a jazz data set which is read on a list in order to report on a page just one element of my list. So, when the list go to the next element, the pdf report go to the next page.
For example, my list contains 3 elements :
  - Page 1 = Element 1 of the list
  - Page 2 = End of Element 1
  - Page 3 = Element 2 of the list
  - Page 4 = Element 3 of the list
  - Page 5 = End of Element 3 of the list

I have inserted on the header of the master page, the page number with autotext. No problem, in my example, the numbering starts at 1/5 and continue on each page 2/5, 3/5 ... etc

Problem, I would like to restart the numbering when I change of list element. I don't find the option.
For example :
  - Page 1 = 1/2
  - Page 2 = 2/2
  - Page 3 = 1/1
  - Page 4 = 1/2
  - Page 5 = 2/2

Thanks for your help
Regards
Mathieu

One answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Mar 11 '14, 4:13 a.m.
Hi Mathieu,

It is rather BIRT question, than RTC-BIRT integration, so in the future ask questions on stackoverlow as you get faster answer there. Anyway these two links should answer your questions:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12145718/page-numbers-only-on-specific-pages-of-a-report
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/840198/

Let us know if that helps.

Comments
David MICHEL commented Mar 12 '14, 6:44 a.m. | edited Mar 12 '14, 7:21 a.m.

Hi,
     I work with Mathieu, he has tried the example downloaded from the second link.
This example work on the web viewer but it doesn't work in PDF. And so when he has created an example for RTC, it's doesn't work when we try to export the report to PDF from RTC.
Do you know if the mechanism "GlobalVariable" and "PageVariable" work in RTC ?

Thank you in advance

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 12 '14, 7:22 a.m.

Hi David,
What is the behavior when you export this report to PDF in Eclipse client, not in RTC web interface? Do you have expected behavior?

David MICHEL commented Mar 12 '14, 10:52 a.m.

In fact the export to PDF in eclipse client and the export to PDF in RTC seem is the same. But it's the number and pagination is correct with the export to PDF from the WEB viewer of Eclipse.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.