It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does CLM have a feature that will allow access to a limited set of users ?

Jeff Ong (14113847) | asked Mar 06 '14, 1:34 p.m.
After upgrading CLM to a new version, we would like to limit who can access the system.  We would our testers to test the system first before we make the system available to all users.  Rather than removing the ldap groups, does CLM have a feature that will allow us to do this ?  Thanks.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 06 '14, 2:30 p.m.

sadly no.. you must remove licenses,  and/or remove users from ldap groups.

2 answers

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Mar 07 '14, 2:23 a.m.
Another possibility I see is just remove certain users from team areas or revoking all roles in project areas.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 07 '14, 6:03 a.m.

that is not fun.  

I just had to do this for a migration..  set the old system to read only,
then a problem restore it back.

100 people to modify role config across all teams and project..  only 4 team areas each in the 3 source projects..

I should have written a utility, but didn't see that coming.
4 people 45 minutes, twice..  luckily I took screen shots of the role assignments
before..

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Mar 06 '14, 1:58 p.m.
Hi Jeff,

I think there is no option to restrict with particular users after up-gradation.

The binaries from teamserver.properties will migrate, while upgrading to the new version of CLM application. it still allows all the users to access the application with same reposttory  permission.

Workaround1, you can create a new LDAP group and map to the existing JazzAdmin group with limited users and do the test and revert back the group mapping to the old groups.access once you done the.

Workaround2: Map all the Jazzgroups to one repository group and remove all the users from group for testing, revert back to the original configuration.

Please let me know does the above workaround would help.

Regards,
Arun.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.