It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Collapse All / Expand All not working

Brian Merzbach (111) | asked Mar 06 '14, 11:31 a.m.
I have a plan that I am looking at the "Backlog" view of.  It is essentially a bunch of user stories, each with a set of child tasks.  When I try to Expand All or Collapse All using the buttons in the toolbar, nothing happens.  They do seem to work in other views, such as "Backlog with Severity".  Also, I have another project instance on the same server where these functions work fine.  I'm using RTC v.4.0.5 in an Eclipse client (RSA).  Has anyone else seen this problem ?  Wondering if it is a bug or a configuration type issue.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 07 '14, 3:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Brian,

do you see triangular shapes in front of the stories?

Make sure the view you have is of display type parent child, if you want to drill into the hierarchy. Also check your plan settings e.g. if it filters execution items.

Comments
Brian Merzbach commented Mar 07 '14, 8:01 a.m.

Thanks for the response. 

Yes, I see triangular shapes (I assume you mean the twisties), so am able to manually expand and collapse WI's.  The "Style" of the plan is set to "Tree" and there are no filters set. 

Any other suggestions of things to check ?

Brian Merzbach commented Mar 07 '14, 2:39 p.m.

Also note that the Expand All / Collpase All buttons work fine for the same plan in the web interface.  So this appears to be an Eclipse client issue.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.