It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

error during RCP export in jazz teamconcert

Matthew Sweeney (26) | asked Sep 18 '07, 12:19 p.m.
Hello,
I'm having difficulty exporting an RCP app that was previously exported under eclipse 3.2. I've imported the project into Jazz to test it out and I've tried to export it, but with no success. I also tried creating a new plug-in project (as RCP) and that gave the same error message during export.

The follow is the error I receive during the export process (this error is repeated 2 times):

C:\workspaces\jazz\.metadata\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\assemble.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.win32.win32.x86.xml:51: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\workspaces\jazz\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\build.xml:69: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\workspaces\jazz\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\build.xml:82: Failed to copy C:\jazz\client\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager\.tmp8342.instance to C:\deploy\myApp_version\AppName\win32.win32.x86\AppName\jre\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager\.tmp8342.instance due to The process cannot access the file bacause another process has locked a portion of the file." The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\workspaces\jazz\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\build.xml:69: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\workspaces\jazz\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.pde.core\temp\org.eclipse.pde.container.feature\build.xml:82: Failed to copy C:\jazz\client\eclipse\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager\.tmp8342.instance to C:\deploy\myApp_version\AppName\win32.win32.x86\AppName\jre\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager\.tmp8342.instance due to The process cannot access the file bacause another process has locked a portion of the file."

Note that "AppName" is my replacement for the real application name, and "myApp_version" is the directory when I deploy the particular version of "AppName".

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks,

Matt

9 answers

permanent link
Matthew Sweeney (26) | answered Oct 12 '07, 11:07 a.m.
Thank you, that's a very good suggestion. I appreciate it!

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Oct 12 '07, 9:26 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As a plug-in developer in addition to being a user, I don't actually run Team Concert as my development environment. Instead, I download the Eclipse SDK and then create links to the team concert plug-ins. Essentially running team concert as an extension of the Eclipse SDK. This gives me all the default plug-in development tools in the SDK, source, and so on, plus I can use team concert.

permanent link
Matthew Sweeney (26) | answered Oct 11 '07, 9:18 a.m.
Indeed, it does seem like that problem with export from a branded product is the issue. So, I'll hold off on creating the bug in Jazz, and I'll keep tabs on that eclipse bug and post back when there is an update. Thanks for your help!

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Oct 09 '07, 4:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Looks like a symptom of

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=205833

Basically, eclipse fails to generate the executable because team concert is branded.

permanent link
Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | answered Oct 09 '07, 3:43 a.m.
I haven't found any related Work Item too, so you should open one, as this looks like a bug.
I must say that it looks at least strange, as Jazz is based on Eclipse 3.3 and I guess that Jazz developers didn't change anything in the standard Eclipse features.

Jakub, thanks for comfirming the issue. I tried to investigate if there was an existing but regarding this issue, but I could not find one after a cursory search. I'm going to dig a little bit deeper and see if there is anything posted. If not I can create one and link to this post. Thanks,

Matt

permanent link
Matthew Sweeney (26) | answered Oct 08 '07, 1:26 p.m.
Jakub, thanks for comfirming the issue. I tried to investigate if there was an existing but regarding this issue, but I could not find one after a cursory search. I'm going to dig a little bit deeper and see if there is anything posted. If not I can create one and link to this post. Thanks,

Matt

permanent link
Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | answered Oct 08 '07, 3:42 a.m.
Hi Matt,

I was able to reproduce the problem with the template RCP Mail Project. Export works with Eclipse 3.3, but does NOT work with Team Concert.
I will investigate if it is a known bug.

kind regards,
Jakub

Hi again,
After ensuring that the RCP SDK and other related components were installed and up-to-date, I still have had no success exporting a rich client application. Again, the export works with the plain Eclipse 3.3 RCP version.

Is there anyone who has had success doing so? I'm guessing that the Jazz team has had success since Jazz is a rich client app. If anyone who has had success could post their plugin set in jazz and/or their required plugin set for their rcp app, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

permanent link
Matthew Sweeney (26) | answered Oct 05 '07, 1:36 p.m.
Hi again,
After ensuring that the RCP SDK and other related components were installed and up-to-date, I still have had no success exporting a rich client application. Again, the export works with the plain Eclipse 3.3 RCP version.

Is there anyone who has had success doing so? I'm guessing that the Jazz team has had success since Jazz is a rich client app. If anyone who has had success could post their plugin set in jazz and/or their required plugin set for their rcp app, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

permanent link
Matthew Sweeney (26) | answered Sep 18 '07, 12:37 p.m.
So, I was including the JRE when the previous problem occurred. The included JRE the "eclipse" JRE bundled with Jazz. By changing the setting to not package a JRE or use a J2SE-1.5 jre on my system, the problem goes away (presumably because jazz is locking that jre up?).

The new problem is that the launcher ("AppName.exe"), does not get created properly. I'm in the process of trying to figure out if this is a jazz error or eclipse 3.3 error.

Edit: Export was successful with Europa RCP IDE. So, any other ideas?

Any insight on either problem is still much appreciated

Thanks,

Matt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.