It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Spellchecking on work items do not show suggestions of mispellings

Richard Kissel (30617) | asked Mar 05 '14, 12:51 p.m.

Hello,

When in a workitem and typing if you mispell a word then it puts the Red wavy line under the mispelled word. If you correct the word then the red wavy line goes away, Expected.

However, there does not seem to be a function that shows you alternative spelling or suggestions for mispellings. No hover, no right-click, nothing that will help you figure out how the spelling is wrong.

I know that there is something behind the scenes looking at the words for spelling errors as it shows teh Red wavy line and then removes it if spelling is corrected. but what about suggested spellings, is there something that can be enabled to show the user alternative spellings to what the user is trying to type?

Thank You for your help...

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Mar 05 '14, 1:22 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you tried Control-right click?  It works in at least some of the web editors in the Jazz products.
Richard Kissel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Richard Kissel commented Mar 05 '14, 1:39 p.m.

Hello Daniel,

I had not tried Control-Right Click prior to your comment. I have since tried Ctrl, Alt, & Shft Right-Click and none of them seemed to work. Thank You for your comment/suggestion.

sam detweiler commented Mar 05 '14, 1:41 p.m. | edited Mar 05 '14, 1:41 p.m.

I have a workitem on my backlog to do this. Looks like it has to be done once for every eclipse client

One other answer

permanent link
Richard Kissel (30617) | answered May 14 '14, 12:58 p.m.

Thank You Sam, I was not able to post before as I was locked out and it took this long to reply to your answer.

You answer did point me in the right direction with a few minor tweaks...Thank you

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.