It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Has anyone found a way to reset saved passwords across multiple eclipse workspaces?

Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | asked Mar 05 '14, 10:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's password changing day again.  When I change my jazz.net password I have to change all my saved passwords in a number of eclipse workspaces. I save the passwords but do not set the automatically log in option.
 If I miss one of my workspaces  then  attempt to log in a couple days later I get locked out of jazz.net for 2 hours.
Anyone know of a way to delete all the saved passwords across all my workspaces, or even what file the password is in so that I can delete them all?

I'm on Windows but assume it would be similar enough on Unix for me to figure it out.

2 answers

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Mar 05 '14, 11:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi Karl,

the lock out is only 1 hour for me!! looks like Jazz.net is being more generous to you.. you have have a extended coffee break ;) 

the closest i could get was :com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.prefs
    C:\Dinesh\EclipseWS\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui.prefs

which seems to remember certain things but I dont seem to find an explicit entry for the actual password... hope you find the real property in there which has the culprit :)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 05 '14, 11:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Karl,

I am using various RTC clients and versions of it in parallel. I think the password is stored per workspace. You can delete these passwords in Window>preferences>general>Security>Storage

I don't store the password for Jazz.net for that very reason.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.