It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Monitoring authorized licenses possible in 4.0.6?

Dieter Paul (10311620) | asked Mar 05 '14, 2:25 a.m.
edited Mar 05 '14, 4:59 a.m.
Here were some discussions about monitoring authorized licenses in Jazz.

One ends in a Plan Item (Item) which is in the status "New". There is metioned a WorkItem (Item) which is resolved for 4.0.6.

As I found no other information about this feature (i.e. an advanced property like "Enable Floating License Logging") the question is, how to enable this.

Dieter

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Mar 05 '14, 3:53 a.m.

Hi Dieter,
Definietely it is implemented in 4.0.6: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/MonitoringAUCALUsage anyway I agree with you that the documentation is missing here.

Dieter Paul commented Mar 05 '14, 4:45 a.m.

Did you ever seen this properties? I looked twice about all the advanced properties and didn't found it (on a system newly instlled with 4.0.5 and updated to 4.0.6)

Dieter

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 05 '14, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In my 4.0.6 server, it is located in the Advanced Properties tab of the jts server admin page.   In particular, in the section for com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService there is the
"Log the usage of permanent CALs" property.

Dieter Paul commented Mar 06 '14, 1:44 a.m. | edited Mar 06 '14, 1:45 a.m.

Thanks Geoffrey

I found it.

I was confused by the documentation in the jazz.net wiki (othere naming than in product) and the WorkItems regarding the naming of the properties (i.e. the naming should be like the nameing for the floating license logging)

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 05 '14, 3:42 a.m.
According to this: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/MonitoringAUCALUsage
The features should be available in v4.0.6 and can be enabled in jts/admin's advanced properties (browser search may not work for some menus to find the properties)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.