It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

configure CLM 4.0.4 with NO DW? help [SOLVED]

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Mar 04 '14, 4:12 p.m.
edited Mar 05 '14, 9:17 a.m.
 we installed an almost mirror of our production system, we call it our User Acceptance Test environment. 
we do not want or need the DW.. so we didn't configure it.  (using Oracle as the DB). 

unfortunately it seems you MUST configure something, cause today we cannot create new projects due to some missing service that appears to depend on the DW config.. 

help..

Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1126I The service "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService" has some invalid configuration properties.
CRJAZ1125I The configuration property value "null" is not valid for the property "db.base.folder". The DB base folder must be set.

at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceConfiguration.assertValidProperties(ServiceConfiguration.java:276)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.bindConfigurationProperties(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:262)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.performActivation(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:682)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.doActivate(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:745)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.getService(ServiceProviderActivationManagerOwner.java:129)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:282)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.OsgiServicesManager.getService(OsgiServicesManager.java:291)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:356)
... 125 more
2014-03-04 11:35:30,909 [WebContainer : 2 @@ 11:35 sam.detweiler@sd.com /ccm/service/com.ibm.team.process.internal.service.web.IProcessWebUIService/projectArea] ERROR com.ibm.team.process.common                         - CRJAZ6011E The operation participant cannot be created because an exception occurred. For more information, see the exception.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceRegistryException: CRJAZ1972E The "com.ibm.team.reports.service.internal.process.ReportsProjectParticipant" service failed to activate because a service that it depends on, "com.ibm.team.reports.common.service.IReportService", failed to be activated.
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner.buildServicesMap(AbstractActivationManagerOwner.java:367)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered Mar 05 '14, 6:21 a.m.
Hi Sam,
Did you try commenting dw entries in teamserver.properties according to http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21616034?
sam detweiler selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 05 '14, 9:18 a.m.

Thanks.. we decided to configure the DW anyhow 

One other answer

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 04 '14, 4:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can always configure the data warehouse to run on Derby and later switch an enterprise setup.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Mar 04 '14, 4:26 p.m.

does that mean I cannot have NO configuration for the DW? 

Rafik Jaouani commented Mar 04 '14, 4:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think in this case you half configured the data warehouse. You basically specified a database vendor of Oracle but you left one of the required properties for Oracle empty: the base folder.
Not sure how you did that because the JTS setup wizard will not let you get past the data warehouse setup page without specifying the required properties. My guess you probably manually edited the teamserver.properties file.

If you want to disable the data warehouse, here what I suggest you could do:

- Use derby for the data warehouse. Derby is very light.
- Disable all the ETLs. So the data warehouse will remain empty.

Without the data warehouse, all your reports will be blank.

sam detweiler commented Mar 04 '14, 5:03 p.m. | edited Mar 04 '14, 5:05 p.m.

this is a multi-server deployment. each app component on its on machine

JTS, CCM, RM, QM 

so the install is a bit different than usual

but yes, we edited the properties. 

adding the base folder got rid of the errors reported on the ccm admin overview page
but still can't save or init a project area.. (need to see the ccm.log for that, but can't access the server console)

I'll talk to the folks tomorrow to see how they want to get out of this

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.