It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC-CC-Synchronizer: Fails with message 'cleartool: Error: Unable to access "": Invalid argument.'

Simon Eickel (1.1k75457) | asked Mar 02 '14, 9:43 a.m.

Hi again,

I have a new problem with the ClearCase/RTC Synchronizer.

I have a synchronization running on a special branch for it. Now I've desided to synchronize the same components but more frequent and in other conditions to another branch in the same VOB.

Should be working.

Tested this with some test VOBs / Components and everything is working as expected.

Now I try the same steps on the productive one and facing the error mentioned above.

Here is the stack trace:

I have to say that I'm not really sure what he tries to tell me.

When using the View "DO_NOT_USE_..." I'm able to see the subVob component tagged with the needed attribute. IT's visible on the branch.

When running the command he writes I get this error message:

M:\DO_NOT_USE_TC.ClearCaseSyncDev\TestCenter>cleartool describe -fmt %m|%[universal_selector]p|%n|%Nd\n
'%[universal_selector]p' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Using ' " ' signs its possible to run:

M:\DO_NOT_USE_TC.ClearCaseSyncDev>cleartool describe -fmt "%m|%[universal_selector]p|%n|%Nd\n" .
**null meta type**||<name-unknown>|20140302.151004

So ... my question is now ... what's going on here - why is it not possible to synchronize? My test environment was running fine.

any ideas? Please write them down that I get a solution for this soon.

More details?

RTC: 4.0.5

CC: 8.0.0.9

Greetings,

Simon

2 answers

permanent link
Tamir Gefen (7838) | answered Mar 02 '14, 9:51 a.m.
 cleartool: Error: unable to access ""
probably means that it can't find the ClearCase object to work on. It seems that the object is missing in "cleartool describe" sub-command

Regards, 
Tamir Gefen

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 02 '14, 6:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The ClearCase Synchronizer is issuing a invalid cleartool request (the object argument of the "describe" command is missing), so I'd suggest filing a defect and working with Rational support to help development reproduce the problem so they can figure out what is going wrong.

Comments
Simon Eickel commented Mar 03 '14, 1:10 a.m.

Hi Geoff,
thanks, I've created a PMR now. PMR 00665,077,724
As soon I have a solution I will post it here. Hope this will not last too long.
Greetings,
Simon

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.